Slider

March Recipe Club | Double the fun

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Today I am linking up with Andrea @ Momfessionals to bring you 2 super simple, super easy, super good recipes that your whole family will enjoy!


I found both of these recipes on Pinterest as last minute fixes and they turned out great!

I only took two photos of this one, but it was all so easy and turned out so good!

Ingredients
3-4 chicken breasts
1/4 cup bread crumbs, regular or Italian
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 Tablespoon olive oil
3 cups organic marinara sauce

Directions
Spread the olive oil around the bottom of the crock pot.
Pour half of the marinara sauce in the crock pot.

In a small mixing bowl combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
Dip each chicken breast in the egg and then dip in the crumb & cheese mixture to coat both sides.
Place each chicken breast in the crock pot.

Once all the chicken breasts are in the crock pot, cover with the remaining marinara sauce.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

We enjoyed ours over whole grain linguine noodles and some extra Parmesan cheese on top.
SO good!

My second recipe for the day is something I literally whipped up on Monday evening as I was scanning Pinterest for a side dish.
I love mushrooms! I could literally eat them every.single.day!
However, Mic isn't a huge fan so I knew I needed to dress them up a bit.
I found this recipe for sauteed mushrooms and a winner was born!

Ingredients
2 cups of sliced mushrooms (I had an 8oz. container)
4 Tablespoons of butter
1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce

Directions
Melt the 4 Tablespoons of butter over medium heat.

Add mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce.

Cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
Enjoy!

That simple!
They tasted just like the ones you get in the restaurant!
Maybe better :)

What are some of your easy, throw together meals?
Have you found any healthy side dishes that the whole family enjoys?


6 comments:

  1. I make sautéed mushrooms like that too, but I add a little garlic! :) yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pinned your chicken parm recipe! That looks so good and worth giving the entree another chance. I made a chicken parm recipe off pinterest and it wasn't good at all. Can't wait to try yours because I'm a big fan of crockpots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive gotta try that chicken parm! I seriously under utilize my Crock-Pot :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with chicken parm! YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! Totally making these! Looks really easy...I just might be able to handle them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts