Slider

Anxiety

Thursday, March 19, 2015

As a kid I was always anxious for the first day of school, for a big cheerleading competition, a softball game, etc.
However, once the day or competition or game got here the feeling wore off.
As an adult I usually only seem to be anxious when I need to wake up early for something important.
While yes, I bite my nails and worry all the time about things, I never feel the pressure that anxiety brings on.

I am not one to dive too deep into subjects or conversations, I couldn't help putting myself out there a bit today.
I have had the feeling that someone is standing my chest and not letting me breath for a few weeks now.
Do you ever feel like that?

Nothing bad is going on in my life, in fact all very good things are going on right now.
But I still can't shake the feeling.
I am a planner by nature.
I like to have everything written down or typed out in advance.
I like to know what I am doing, who I am doing it with, what I am going to be wearing, etc.
I am not a person that works well in the gray areas of life.
Life right now?
One big gray area.

Maybe someday I can accept the gray areas...probably not.
Do you do well in the gray areas?
How do you cope with anxiety?


Want to join the fun?
Add your #ThinkingOutLoudThursdays post below and make sure to link back to me and Penny within your post :)

Happy Thursday Friends!






7 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried Yoga? I know it may sound un-related, but it truly is relaxing and so calming. I hate that feeling of not being able to shake a bad vibe. Yoga was a great stress reliever and all around calming thing for me. I'd suggest taking a class before videos at home so you get the full "zen" experience. It might help calm those nerves ;)
    You're def not alone there though....
    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa! I'm so sorry that you're going through some gray areas right now. I'll be sending you good thoughts and some virtual hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been dealing with anxiety too, sorry to hear you're there. What's worked in my world: lots of baths, sometimes breathing into a bag, a big, cold glass of water and like Tiffany said, yoga. That has probably been the best strategy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I Just copy/paste this entire blog? Cause I could have been reading about me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Queen of anxiety over here. I posted a few months ago about my struggles. You can read more about them here - http://iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com/2014/11/waiting-onnormal.html. You know what? After I got all those toxic thoughts out of my head, things really seemed to get better! Well, expressing myself and really just letting God take over (funny how that works!). I kept so many of my insecurities, doubts, worries, etc. bottled up because I was convinced no one would understand. But, now that everything is "out there" I feel so much better! I still have times where I feel like I could lose it but it's much, much more manageable. Praying for you that the heavy thoughts and feeling the weight of the world subsides. You are awesome, mama! You've got this! Keep your head up and kick those thoughts to the curb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I understand. I think sometimes we all go through this. I'll be praying for you. Anxiety is a hard thing to shake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still battle with this sometimes but I am definitely way better at talking myself down than ever before. I seriously thinking at some point I added more kids and it was either let go of the control or go crazy and I just finally let it go. I still hold onto a few things that have to be just so and I can always tell when I'm having PMS because they all of a sudden become even more important to me.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts