Slider

Hooray for Monday!

Monday, August 25, 2014

From Friday evening through late Sunday night it was just a rough weekend!
Nothing horrible happened, but nothing seemed to go my way :(
Since Mic still wasn't feeling the greatest on Friday, we just had some leftovers for dinner and indoor s'mores since the it was rainy & wet outside.
X skipped the s'more part as usual and just downed numerous marshmallows!
Making silly faces while becoming a sticky mess :)

Super blurry, but he just couldn't stop laughing!

I decided to run my errands and do grocery shopping on Saturday morning since we were heading up north for the rest of the weekend.
I made my usual Target run and found some super cute things on clearance for X :)
Rockin' his new TMNT hat (not available online - similar)

I have heard of a lot of people doing their grocery shopping at Aldi recently and how cheap everything is so I decided to give it a try.
I didn't need a whole lot so I figured this was the perfect time to do it.
I did get some good deals, but what I mainly needed was produce and the selection was not terribly impressive :( 
I think for now I will stick with Kroger, unless anyone local has any suggestions for me...I am all ears :)


When I arrived home I needed to switch loads of laundry around. I had washed a blanket and some sheets together that were dark colors...nothing abnormal.
Unfortunately, I opened up the washer to red fuzz and such all over the rest of the load and all throughout the washer! UGH!
I thought the worst was behind me and put everything into the dryer in hopes things would dry and the fuzz would be caught in the lint trap.
When I opened the dryer it was worse than the washer!!!
Oh my goodness...I think there was more red fuzz in the dryer and lint trap than there was left on the blanket!
After bleaching the washer a couple of times and using the vacuum to get all the crap out of the dryer..things are now back to normal!
Needless to say, I did not get any other laundry done this weekend :(

After that debacle, we headed north to visit with my cousin who recently turned 16.
It was nice to see a few members of my extended family, and of course my mom and little brother :)
And as a bonus we were all able to go out to eat together after the party at Olive Garden :)
It was the most relaxing and enjoyable part of my day!
Mic and X and my cousin's house :)
 Thank god for technology! He was perfect at dinner while he ate and watched his movie :)
Of course followed by being goofy right before we left ;)

We ended the evening watching the Browns preseason game.
Nothing too exciting there :(
 He looks way too big laying on that couch by himself :(

Sunday was Fantasy Draft Day!
We have 12 teams in our league and just about everyone was there for the draft.
It is always a good time :)
Our finished draft board.
Go eXecution Factory!!!

The draft went super fast, which meant my dad and I were able to take a quick ride on his motorcycle :)
The weather was perfect for it too!

Afterwards, we had some pizza and then headed back home.

There were definitely more good things than bad over the weekend, but those bad things just seem to always stick with you.
Oh well...at least it is a new day, new week, etc.

How was your weekend?
Are you participating in a Fantasy Football league or draft this year?


Linking up today with Lisa & Bella
Weekend Recap


PS. I stopped by my Starbucks today for my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season...I was told they wouldn't have them until tomorrow :(
Not going to let it ruin my day, but boy was I bummed!
Did anyone else manage to snag their first cup?



2 comments:

  1. I love Aldi but I buy my produce @ Costco. hope Mic is feeling better!

    I am ready for the Salted Caramel drink and I cant wait for it to come out!!! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shop at Aldi's about once a month and stock up on canned goods, meat, and seafood. Everything else I get an Kroger. I agree with you - their produce is not that great.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts