Slider

Good Eats | Low Carb Philly Cheese Steak

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Welcome to my new series...



Every month I will be sharing a recipe that I have tried and love.
I decided to go with something a little healthier this time around since it is the beginning of the year.
Since most people are looking for healthy and easy recipes to make that they can enjoy while still following whatever their new workout/weight loss plan states I thought this one was perfect!




There are so many variations of this meal.
And this isn't just for low carb days.
You could easily serve this over some brown rice, potatoes, or serve as a sandwich.

I lightly followed this recipe to make it, but it so stinkin' easy you don't even need a recipe.

So here is what I used...

1 lb. of lean ground beef (I have used shaved beef before and it is really good too!)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 a package of sliced mushrooms
1 bag of mozzarella cheese (I used what I had on hand)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste



In one pan I browned the meat,


while in another pan I sauteed the chopped onions, green peppers and mushrooms in a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
You don't have to chop your veggies this small if you like them ;)


Once each are cooked through, I mixed them together,


and added a few tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.


Add a teaspoon or two of salt and pepper and you are ready to serve.
Some people melt the cheese down into a sauce and drizzle over top the mixture.
I'm not that fancy ;)
I just added the shredded cheese to the top and mixed it in with my fork.


This dish was super filling and yummy!



What other recipes have you made that are Low Carb?
I love the idea of loosing the bun and tossing all the goodness in a bowl!
Do you have any favorite bowl recipes?

Enough of the questions!
Time for you to link up your Good Eats posts!


XOXO ~ Vanessa

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


2 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! This is super yummy and so easy to make!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts