Slider

Let's Look | My Calendar

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Hello and Happy Wednesday!
It's time for Let's Look with Shay & Erika!


Today we are taking a look at our calendars.
First up is my current planner that I have been using for 2019.


In 2017 I purchased an EC planner with the additional 6 months so I could start using it right away.
However, that one was pretty bulky!
So when I ordered this one, I just went with a normal 12 month version (January-December).
I'm not a teacher, so there is no need to have it start at the beginning of the school year for me :)

So here is what it looks like on the inside...


I like everything to be on the monthly look as well as the weekly side of things.
On the far right of the right page is a space for notes and such.
I typically keep track of my monthly bills here, as well as little reminders for myself.

I go into more detail for everything in my weekly view.


The vertical layout has been nice because I am able to separate into to categories.
The top row of boxes are what we are having for dinner each night.
The middle is for all the things we have to do...Soccer and football practice/games, meetings, doctor appointments, etc.
The bottom row has been reserved for the blog :)
And those little lines on the very bottom is where I write down birthdays/anniversaries of family and friends.

I personally love this planner and the camo cover I have had this past year!
I have had an EC planner for the last few years, and I was thisclose to ordering another one for 2020.

But then I discovered The Happy Planner!
It is super similar to the EC planner, and was only a fraction of the price!

There are two differences that I notice right away...
I can't personalize my cover
I can't choose my layout

Both things I can get over :)

I have had vertical and horizontal layouts with my EC planners, and I definitely like the vertical layout better overall.
But The Happy Planner cover I choose ended up having a horizontal layout.
Is it the end of the world? No.
I will get used to it.

I actually bought more stickers this time around to kind of help with dividing up the space.

Speaking of stickers...All those stickers that you probably are buying to use in your planner are probably from The Happy Planner as well!
At least mine all were and I didn't even realize it.


All but the football and soccer ball stickers are from The Happy Planner brand.

So here is my planner for 2020...


The rings can be switched out for bigger ones if you are someone who likes to add more pages to your planner.


Despite being an 18 month calendar, it wasn't as bulky as my EC one in the past.
But since I didn't need that extra 6 months, I just removed them.
And it was SO EASY!!!

I did leave the fun divider pages because they were too cute!


I just cut off the monthly tabs so they wouldn't get in my way :)



Each month begins with this page...



Love that Currently section since I post a recap of the month!
Great way to keep track of things and prepare for my post :)

The monthly view is almost identical to the one in my EC planner.



Since this does have a horizontal layout, I am working with some of those stickers I bought to break things up into 3 categories.
It's a work in progress since I won't start using it until January :)



I also picked up those Weekly Meal Plan sheets that easily pop right in!
And the back of the page is for your grocery list.
Love it!

Overall I have loved my Erin Condren planners, and I am sure I will love my new Happy Planner just as much!

What kind of planner do you use?
Do you use stickers and write everything down, or do you just keep things in your phone?

I would love to hear how you plan #allthethings in the comments below!


XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts