Slider

Celebrations

Friday, July 6, 2018

Linking up with Narci, Erika and Andrea for...

This has been the weirdest week ever!
A day off in the middle of the week just throws everything off.
I think from now on holidays should only be allowed on Fridays or Mondays ;)

Let's get on with my favorites this week!

Living in a townhouse hasn't been so bad, except it means we don't have a yard to play outside :(
So we need to be creative.
X and I have been playing one of my favorite childhood games - two square - and we are having so much fun!

We had to run a few errands the other day, so we swung through our favorite custard shop for a tasty treat while we picked up our groceries at Kroger :)

On Saturday evening Mic and I headed to Toledo for a surprise birthday party for one of his childhood friends.
Abby went with a golf theme and I think it turned out great!



And Jeff was completely surprised! :)

These two have been friends since 5th grade :)
And in each other's weddings too!

The guests had a great time hitting golf balls into the river,
chowing down on hot dogs, walking tacos, and such from the vendor cart set up,

and the cupcakes and cookies were super delish too!




One of my Mic's favorite things is AC. lol!
Our house didn't have air conditioning (that is being fixed during this remodel),
but our townhouse does and he keeps it SO COLD!!!
So I did the only logical thing I could think of....I sat on the step right outside our front door to warm up! lol!
The neighbors probably think I am crazy!

We enjoyed some down time with some of our favorite people on Tuesday night, and enjoyed some fireworks that the neighbors were setting off too!


Mic and I had big plans to get so much done on the 4th of July.
That didn't happen :(
Instead we relaxed all day,
watched a corn hole tournament on TV with my FIL,

and then we played indoor corn hole with X,


and after dinner we chilled at home.
Definitely not my favorite 4th of July :/
Since Mic and X can be duds on holidays,
I made myself a festive drink and binge watched some of The Blacklist before calling it a night.

The packing/moving process at our house is never ending!
I finally had some free time on Thursday to get over there and pack up some final things.
Confession time...This giant box of towels have never been used :(
We registered for them when we got married...almost 12 years ago!
At the time we I didn't want to use them until we updated our bathrooms.
Well, we didn't update those bathrooms until we moved out 3 years ago :(
And then they didn't match at this house, so I kept them in the back of the closet until we remodeled.
And after all this time....we aren't doing anything that is brown and white! (insert shaking my head emoji)

While sifting through things I came across this...
My high school art teacher made these thumb print drawings for all the seniors in class every year.
It has always been one of my favorite tokens from high school :)

In other news....Lebron decided to head to LA for the next four years.
Definitely not one of my favorite moments from the last week :(
But with all the people who are pitching a fit,
calling him names, etc. I say check this out...

I also saw this on Instagram this week and couldn't stop laughing!

And on that note I am calling it a week!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts