Slider

#AldiHaul

Monday, April 16, 2018

Grocery shopping is something I do once a week.
Honestly, I would love to cut back to every two weeks but we go through too many fruits and veggies for that.
I typically go to or order my groceries from Kroger.
They offer everything we need/want.

Heck, they even have Starbucks inside for me :)

But the more X grows, the more food he consumes!
Our grocery bill is out of control!
So I decided to give Aldi another try.
I have shopped there before, but they didn't seem to offer a whole lot of what we needed.
Our local store did a remodel over the summer last year, so I decided to give it a go a few weeks ago.


FYI: This is exactly what my store looks like.

If you have never been to an Aldi store before let me tell you a few things about it.
1. You need a quarter to get a cart, but you will get it back when you are done.
2. Bring your own bags, because you will be bagging your own groceries.
You can buy bags too if you forget.
3. There isn't a deli or bakery or pharmacy.
4. They carry a few name brand items, but not many.
And check the prices if you decide to buy the name brand items, they could actually be more expensive than buying at Walmart/Target/Etc.

Those are the basics I think you need to know before you go to Aldi.
If you are wondering how your bill is so much lower at Aldi than another grocery store....those above reasons are primarily why.

So a few weeks ago I went into my local Aldi and found so many things we like, eat, would try, etc.
Now some items are specialty items, so once they are gone they are gone.
The cashier did tell me they tend to bring things back every 6 months (like German week - more on that in a moment).

On average I spent about $100 or less the weeks I have shopped at Aldi.
What did I get for that $100?
Quite a bit honestly!

Snacks - Tortilla Chips, Apple Chips, Parm & Gouda & Blue Cheese Bites, Granola, Etc.


Fruits & Veggies - Apples, celery, mandarin oranges, potatoes
Lunch meat - Ham & Turkey
Salad mix
Bread - Whole grain
Desserts - Powdered donuts, Banana bread slices
Macaroni & Potato Salad
Pasta
Pork Schnitzel
Spatzle
Fresh Chicken Breast
Fresh Ground Beef
Coffee (K Cups) & Coffee Creamer
Ice Cream
Yogurt (similar to Chobani Flips)
Milk
Eggs
Bottled Water - two 24 packs
Cereal


I am not going to list everything I got, but you get the idea.
Nothing was name brand...hence why I saved a ton of money!
And all the items that we have tried so far have been great!
I even fed a few of those things to my dad before telling him where I purchased them ;)

For the last two weeks they have offered specialty items - German foods!
#YUM

I picked up the box of frozen pork schnitzel and garlic spatzle and decided to give it a try.
I didn't think to take this picture until I had already cooked it :/
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!
SO GOOD!!!!!!!
Mic raved about it and asked to have these items once a week! lol!
So when I went back this week for groceries I grabbed 2 more boxes of the pork schnitzel (6 in a box) and 4 boxes of spatzle (about 2 1/2 servings each)! :)
The first time I made them, I added an apple strudel that I picked up from there as well.
It was so good too!

I am hoping Aldi will continue to put out good products that we enjoy so I can keep my grocery bill down!
Can I buy everything we need there? No.
But when you can cut your food bill down at least $50-60 a week, I'll take going to the other stores for toiletries and such when needed!

Have you ever shopped at Aldi before?
What are the items you love to buy there?


**This post is not sponsored at all. Just voicing my own opinion based on my own experience with Aldi. **


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts