Slider

The Idol Ride

Thursday, April 7, 2016

In honor of tonight being the series finale of American Idol, I thought I would look back at some of my favorite performances over the course of the show.

Season 1
Christina Christian knocked it out of the park with Ain't No Sunshine, but went home the week after she stated she was engaged.
Coincidence?
But it didn't really matter, because after Kelly Clarkson sang Natural Women there was no doubt in any one's mind that she deserved to win.

Seasons 2 & 3
I didn't watch the 2nd season.
I did watch the third season, but nothing sticks out in my mind as being that memorable :/
#sorrynotsorry

Season 4 
Carrie Underwood pretty much rocked all of her performances during her season, but this one was definitely a favorite of mine :)

Season 5 
While I was a fan of Taylor Hicks, Chris Daughtry was by far my favorite of this season.
Heck, he and Carrie are my all time favorites from AI!
Unfortunately, he was sent home too early:(
I was shocked Katherine McPhee didn't win after that amazing performance of Somewhere over the Rainbow!


Season 6 
The human beat box was my favorite!
I was severely disappointed that Blake Lewis lost to Jordan Sparks in the end :(

Season 7
Apparently, I was a huge fan of this particular season by the number of performances I loved.
Jason Castro made me fall in love with this song!
In my opinion, I still haven't heard anyone sing it better than him.
The Beatles week was always a favorite theme for me.
Carly Smithson and Brooke White blew me away with their perfomances.

And Imagine has never been high on my list, but David Archuleta made me love it!

Season 8 
While I like both of these guys, I still don't understand how Adam Lambert lost to Kris Allen.
Thankfully, it didn't seem to hurt Adam's career at all :)


Seasons 9 & 10
I watched. They were okay. And I moved on.
Casey James sure was cute though ;)

Season 11 
In the end, I really liked Phillip Phillips and was super happy he won this season.
However, my favorite performance came from Colton Dixon.

Seasons 12, 13 & 14
Once they brought Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj on as judges I was done.
And I had X, so I didn't have as much time to watch 2-3 episodes a week!

Season 15 
My dad dragged me back into watching the final season.
Honestly, he wouldn't stop talking about it!
Plus, I started seeing commercials and such for old idols returning and thought why not.
I had just so-so feelings about the contestants until last week.
Trent Harmon is amazing!
I will be cheering him on tonight to become the last American Idol :)



Are you watching this week? Tonight?
Who are you cheering for?
Who was your favorite American Idol contestant?
Who are you hoping returns to the stage one last time?

The finale is on tonight at 8pm EST on FOX.

Link your #ThinkingOutLoudThursday post below,
and don't forget to link back to X-tremely V & Penny's Passion!









4 comments:

  1. I watched seasons 2-11! Chris Daughtry, Clay Aiken, Colton Dixon, Melinda Doolittle, and David Cook were my all-time faves. I loved so many of the moments you listed above too! I stopped watching once it was clear that they really wanted a female winner after years of male winners...it started feeling, um, rigged. And I agree with you - those judges were a definite no for me. It was too bad because I loooooooved American Idol for so long! I didn't end up watching this last season - sounds like I should have!
    Jessica, Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last season I watched was season 11. My all time favorite Idol's are Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler, David Cook, Chris Daughtry, Colton Dixon, and Kris Allen.

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever watched the first couple seasons of American Idol. I had a chance to see Colton Dixon in concert last year. Amazing guy with an amazing voice.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts