Slider

A wash

Monday, June 9, 2014

This weekend was a little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Unfortunately, nothing too exciting to take pictures of.
Let's see what we have....

{friday}
After work we headed to a local golf course for dinner with a friend.
It was pretty warm outside, so we chose to eat inside. Most of the other diners were outside so X thought he owned the joint!
He DID NOT want to sit at the table and eat with us.
There was a small dance floor right behind our table and lots of windows for X to look out at the golf course and the other diners.
I was doing my best to make this a "Yes Mom" moment and let him run around on the dance floor since we were the only patrons inside.
He was dancing and running and looking out the window...not too terrible.
But then our food came, and he still wouldn't sit down with us.
He started hiding under the other tables around us, running away from me, and causing a scene in my eyes.
I was dying!!!
We tried to eat our meal as fast as possible and get out of there before anyone else decided to eat indoors.
My center of attention child does not understand that his mom gets embarrassed so easy.
Seriously, there was no one inside but us and the wait staff but I was ready to crawl under the table!
I could not wait to go to bed and wake up to a new day!


{saturday}
Since my booty barre instructor is on vacation, I enjoyed a nice morning of nothing.
We woke up and leisurely made our way downstairs for breakfast and of course a round of watching Cars.
That movie or Cars 2 is on replay all day long!!!!
Once X took his nap, him and I headed out to Grandpa's Cheesebarn to meet my mom while Mic mowed.
It was a short trip/visit, but it was nice to get out of the house for a bit on such a beautiful day!
We came home, ate dinner, and then watched California Chrome try for the Triple Crown. It did not happen :(
It was still super nice outside and it wasn't bedtime yet so we headed outside to just play with X.
Him and Mic practiced hitting golf balls together :)
It was a great way to end the night.


{sunday}
It rained, and rained, and rained. And then rained some more.
It was the perfect lazy Sunday!
We caught up on dishes and did some laundry.
Did our grocery shopping for the week.
And even managed to get each get some QT with the treadmill.
The rain finally died down for a bit so we decided to go for a Sunday drive :)
I love family drives!
We had dinner when we got home, gave X his bath, and called it a night.

The End!

Linking up with Bella & Lisa for
Dateless in Dallas

Happy Monday!
I hope you all have a wonderful week!


5 comments:

  1. My goodness your family is beautiful! X Is just absolutely handsome!! Boys will be boys ya know, even at weddings lol. I'm sure you were just having a typical mommy reaction to his behavior, probably not as embarrassing as you felt it was! Sounds like he had a great time at least!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a pretty good weekend! I think I'd be with you with the embarrassment factor. But good for you for making it a yes moment! I don't think we've ever just gone a drive to go on drive. Where do you guys go? Anywhere specific?

    ReplyDelete
  3. he has such a cute smile!!
    that golfing pic is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a fun weekend!!! I get like that too when Breanna `acts out` but most parents are understanding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going through and catching up on older posts that I missed and I'm so glad I did. I LOVE Grandpa's Cheesebarn! I'm usually only near there when I go to Erie to see my brother but OMG, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts