Slider

Feeling Nostalgic

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Do you ever have those moments where you feel happy, sad, and mad
all at the same time?
I had one of those over the weekend while driving through my hometown.


source here


source here


source here

On Sunday I was taking X over to my mom's house so Mic and I
could complete our fantasy football draft at my dad's house.
Driving on Lake Road with X in the backseat we looked out our windows to see Lake Erie :) It was gorgeous!
Then a flood of memories and emotions started taking me over.
I actually started to tear up a bit :(
I was happy that my family still lived along Lake Erie,
and that we would be able to visit quite a bit and show X where I grew up.
I was sad because he wouldn't get to have the same experiences I had,
or come to know and love my hometown like I do.
I was mad because our jobs don't allow us to live closer to my family and Lake Erie.

I know my hometown is nothing special,
and it has changed so much from what I remember and loved as a kid.
But it is MY hometown!
And I will always love it!
I hope that as X grows up I will be able to share all the wonderful things about
it and he will come to love it as well :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I didn't grow up by the lake and forget how gorgeous it can be! We were at a friends place a few weeks ago and got to watch the sun set- definitely made me appreciate what we have right in our back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss it every day :( The only lakes around me now are for fishing only :( So sad!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts