Slider

Thirsty Thursday - Bourbon & Sweet Tea

Thursday, May 9, 2013

It's Derby Time!

The Kentucky Derby and the Mint Julep pretty much go hand and hand with each other, and
this past Saturday the 2013 Kentucky Derby was held
at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky.

Now I have never been to the derby, but from what I can gather a lot of drinking takes place before, during, and after the race!
A lot of Mint Julep drinking especially!

Unfortunately, I am not a big julep fan but I don't mind the taste of bourbon from time to time :)
So in honor of Kentucky and the derby I added a little Maker's Mark (what we had on hand) to my glass of sweet iced tea.
It was great! I felt that it fit perfectly with the derby!

My actual drink from Saturday

Side note: You know what else was perfect that day?
Me picking Orb to win the race! SWEET!


So back to my super simple, but still delicious drink
All it is is a glass filled with ice and some good sweet tea
(some recipes here and here)
Then just add your favorite bourbon to the glass and stir.
You can add as little or as much as you want!
There are so many to choose from and so many recipes to try!



Ok, ok, this wasn't technically a drink recipe, but it was a cocktail of sorts :)

Here are a couple of recipes I did find that you can try out...

Apple Pie-Bourbon Sweet Tea Recipe

Summer Refreshment with the Power of Booze: Bourbon Whiskey Iced Tea.



What is your favorite derby time drink?

Until next time...

XoXo ~ V

4 comments:

  1. I really need to try a mint julep sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like mint, apparently they are pretty good :)

      Delete
  2. Visiting from High Five for Friday. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and thank you for the invite :)
      ~Vanessa

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts