Slider

Two Piece Swimwear Finds For Women

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Like it or not, summer is coming.
And that also means swimsuit season.
Unfortunately, you won't find me sitting out in the sun, by the pool, etc. all summer long but I still need a swimsuit I feel comfortable in when necessary.

Like VACATION!!!!
After not taking a vacation last year, we decided it was a must this year!
We are hitting up the salty waters and sands in southern South Carolina and I can't wait! :)

I try really hard not to do last minute shopping when it comes to summer clothing, so I ordered a few swimsuits to try out now.

Before I show you my hits (and miss), let me just say that I know every person is shaped differently.
What works for me, may not work for you and vice versa.
I would love to hear if you have any of the styles I show/list below :)

With that said, I am a curvy girl who is fairly proportionate.
Meaning, I have a hourglass like shape.
NOT a skinny shape.

IMO my particular body does not look good in a one piece suit, nor can I tolerate wearing them.

TMI - I drink a lot of water which means I pee all the time. 
One piece suits, rompers, etc. are just not for me!

I've also learned over the years that skimpy looking tops and high waisted, full coverage bottoms do nothing for me either.
I need the same amount of material (or lack of material) on the top and bottom to keep things balanced.

The first two suits are CUPSHE brand that I ordered from Amazon.
Remember how I ordered this CUPSHE suit a few months back?




I really did like it, but the band on the top isn't adjustable.
It just felt like "things" were going to fall out.
So I returned it :/

But I decided to give the brand another shot.
This time I ordered two suits that tie in the back instead of having a clasp.
I received this floral and striped option the other day.
First, let me say that the pattern and the higher waisted bottoms are completely out of my comfort zone!
But it looked so stinkin' cute on Paige so I had to give it a try!
Plus it was under $30.



I quickly tried the This Is Love High Waist Bikini on, so I'm not 100% sure about it.
But I'm not 100% against it.
The top was truly adjustable for my needs, and the bottoms felt like I could pull them up or scrunch them down a bit and I wouldn't look sloppy.

UPDATE!!!
I tried the above suit on multiple times now and decided it is a keeper! :)

The next one hasn't arrived yet, but I have high hopes for it!
I love the black and white striped top paired with the bright tangerine bottoms!
The straps are adjustable and it is a tie band, so I can get the best fit for me.
Fingers crossed this one is a keeper!



UPDATE!!!
This suit arrived and I couldn't wait to try it on.
It fits to true to size.
The bottoms were great, but the top lacks support.
Despite the adjustable straps and tie back, it just doesn't keep everything in place.
Unfortunately, it is being returned :(

I ordered this suit last summer from Amazon, but unfortunately it didn't fit right at the time.
It was too cute to me (and it was under $20), so I saved it in hopes that it would work some day.
Thanks to FWTFL it is actually slightly big now, but that is absolutely OK with me :)




And I still absolutely love this scalloped edge halter top and bottoms I scored from Target last summer.
You can't go wrong with a black suit in my opinion.





This suit also arrived this week and again it is out of my comfort zone, but I have seen it all over the blog world and thought I would give it a shot.
It came off faster than it went on :/
It is really cute....just not for my body shape.
Even if I could size up in the top I don't think it would give the coverage I need.
And the bottoms were much higher on me than the picture looks below.
I really wanted to love this suit :(


High Waist Bikini

Do you rock a two piece swimsuit?
What are your favorite styles?

I'll be back next week with my favorite tankini and one piece options for the ladies.
And I'm also rounding up some of my favorite men's and kid's swimwear options for the blog in the coming weeks :)


XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts