Slider

Let's Look | Kitchen Pantry

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Hey! Hey! It's Wednesday!
Today I am linking up with Shay & Erika and talking about the Kitchen Pantry.


Some of you know that we are in the process of remodeling/rebuilding our home.
I swear some pictures are coming soon on the progress :)

The original pantry was nothing to write home about.
Due to the size, quite a few items had to sit on the counter :/
This pantry was definitely designed for lots of canned goods!





In our previous home there was a big double door closet right in the kitchen area that we turned into a pantry.


It felt huge!
It held everything!


In our rebuild we are actually adding a walk-in pantry right off the kitchen.
I can't freakin' wait!!!!
Storage was a huge issue for me in this house, so I am so excited to gain so much room for food, mixers, extra paper goods and more!

Here are some pictures of what I have in mind for our new pantry.




It won't be huge, but I will be able to walk in and have multiple shelves.
My plan is to have our microwave, toaster, etc. in the pantry.
The jury is still out if the Keurig will go in there as well or be out on the kitchen counter ;)


A few questions for those of you that have walk in pantries...

1. Do you have a counter space or just shelves?

2. Should the shelves vary in size or all standard height?

3. Do you have built in drawers or just baskets/jars/etc.?


Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions you may have!


XOXO ~ Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I could write a book on pantries. This is one of the things in our build I wish I would have done bigger and with counterspace. We have quite a bit of counterspace in the kitchen but I did not put any in the pantry, just shelves. I did put a couple outlets in there but if you can try to do a shelf space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have expressed a need for a counter on the one side with lots of outlets for small appliances. Fingers crossed it all works out!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts