Slider

The Friday Faves #10 & #11

Friday, March 15, 2019

Happy Friday my friends!
So if you follow along with me on Instagram than you know my dad had surgery last Friday.
I had so much going on and had to be up so early that I just decided to skip last week's post.
And you know what...it was just what I needed!
No stress...no worries...just be in the moment.

But I'm back today and I am sharing some of my favorites from the last two weeks of our crazy life!

 I am kicking today off with a question for you all.
I have a hair appointment coming up next week and a small part of me is thinking of making a change.
Not a big change...just a little update.




Chop it to the line?
Or keep most of the length and add all the layers?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
TIA :)



Moving on...X had what we believe to be his last indoor soccer game two weekends ago.
It was supposed to be a double header, but the team didn't show for the second game.
But the kiddos all had a great time.
We sure loved watching this team play together!





Last week was all things Dr. Seuss at school for X.
Day 1 was crazy hat day.
X was a little apprehensive to play along....




But by the time I picked him up from after care he was all about wearing the hat!


Day 2 was crazy sock and shoe day.
He wore the same socks...just in different colors, but you couldn't see them.
He decided on his own to wear two different shoes as well :)




Tuesday night was the 1st grade Spring Program.
Side note: They split the program into two nights, so it was only his school that performed that evening.
Otherwise there would have been about 200 kids on the stage at one time!
It was all about dogs, so this guy had to wear a brown shirt to be a brown dog.



I am not a fan of dogs at all, but it was a cute idea :)




Wednesday was Day 3 and it was crazy hair day!
X never, ever wants his hair to look any different, so I was shocked when he wanted to participate.
He loved it!



Day 4 was backwards clothes day.
He nailed it :)





Unfortunately, I don't have a picture from Day 5 because I was at the hospital with my dad.
But X did participate again :)
It was red, white and blue day so he wore his USA tee and brought his favorite Dr. Seuss book to school with him!

Saturday we had some errands to run, but first X wanted me to see if his hair could be shaped into a Mohawk :/
I played along since it was the weekend and he absolutely loved it!





Now he wants to get his hair cut into a Mohawk.
I am persuading him to go with a spiked look overall instead ;)

On the blog this week I shared some of my Must Have items that I feel you all need in your life!



And I shared a couple items from my teen years that I rock at 40 years old as well!




The lovely ladies at The Spoiled Home shared this great deal from QVC the other day and I just couldn't resist trying it out!
The price went up just a bit since I snagged it, but look at everything you get for $72.50!!!
That tube of foundation is HUGE!



I have used it twice as of typing this and I love it!
Buildable coverage and the perfect amount of glow :)
If you aren't following Sandi & Shalia you need to get on it!
They have the best Instastories!
And their houses are gorgeous too!


This week was Right to Read week at school, so X has been donating books, wearing themed clothing and such.
This was the only pic I took this week of him.
He loved getting to wear his tee my dad gave him from Curacao for Pirate Day!
Argh!



Gotta show some love to Instagram or it wouldn't be a Friday Favorites post! ;)




And every Cleveland Browns fan said Hallelujah!!!






And I'm calling it there!
I hope you all had a fantastic week and an even better weekend!
It's almost St. Patrick's Day!!!!
Make sure you wear your green on Sunday!

🍀💚🍀💚🍀
Linking up with The Blended Blog, Andrea, Narci & Erika!

XOXO ~ Vanessa

12 comments:

  1. X is so cute and getting so tall! I think OB is a good thing for the Browns! I hope you have the sweetest day and I hope your daddy is much better this week and recovering well. Hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 🤗 You are always so sweet! My dad is doing a lot better 😊

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how long your hair is! I hear you on wanting a change...I vote chop it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's insane! Part of me is thinking keep it because I wonder how long II ca go 🤣 And I am kind of scared to make a drastic change while in a stressful state 😬

      Delete
  3. Your hair is so pretty and I think it would look great either way. But I think it would be fun to cut it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Lana! I'm still not sure about my hair..I go tonight 😬

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I have a feeling I will at the end of the day.

      Delete
  5. I like the length on your hair.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts