Slider

Let's Celebrate | Christmas 2018

Friday, December 28, 2018

Happy Friday!
I can't believe that 2018 is almost over!
I will be recapping our year on Monday, so I am sharing how we celebrated Christmas today!

I kicked off the holiday weekend on Saturday night by attending a comedy show.
Jason Lawhead and friends did not disappoint!

I snapped one pic before the show began, and just lived in the moment from that point on.
I haven't been in this theater since my brother graduated high school in 2001!

It was definitely a fun night, but honestly I couldn't wait for Sunday!
It was the last home game of the season for the Cleveland Browns, and our annual Father/Daughter game!

I absolutely love when the drum line goes through the parking lots while everyone is tailgating!

From the tailgate to the game and even after... the place and the fans were electric!
I haven't seen it like that since I was a kid!





Again, I didn't take any photos once the game started because honestly it was just too fun to watch!
I snapped these when Baker Mayfield was being interviewed after the game :)



This picture doesn't do any justice to what I am about to say...
It is hard to see, but if you look closely that is a crowd of people walking across the bridge after 4 quarters of a Cleveland Browns game!!!!
At one point it was even at a stand still!


Again, something that hasn't happened in years!!!
#InBakerWeTrust
#DiehardBrownsFan

So what do you do after such a great game and day?
You start round 1 of Christmas! ;)
We ate and got to the real matter at hand (for X anyway)....Presents!

I had to take a picture of this giant box because X thought it looked like a supply drop from Fortnite.
It kind of was...it was my new pressure cooker ;)



We woke up the next morning and headed to my mom's house for Christmas #2!
Side note: X got that Adidas track suit from my dad and that chain from my brother.
When he puts the hood up I swear he could be in Run DMC! lol!
#80sRapper




We headed home that evening and settled in by the tree in our Christmas jammies :)



Christmas morning came way too fast!
Actually, X woke up around 2:45am and I told him he had to go back to sleep.
We weren't sure if Santa had even made his way to our house yet ;)
So at 6am we were all downstairs and ready to see what Santa brought us for Christmas #3!

The excitement on his face this year was the best thing ever!

Santa heard X's wishes loud and clear and showered him with multiple Nerf guns and bullets.

Then it was time for his big present from Mic and I...

A PS4 and #allthegames ;)
He was especially excited for Madden 19!


Extra controllers in your favorite colors are super exciting too! ;)






After a morning full of setting up all the new tech gifts we opened, it was time to clean up and head to my in-laws for dinner and Christmas #4.

Things are done differently here, so I didn't take many pictures since everyone opens at one time.
But I did manage to get pictures of our newest family member ;)



Long story short - My FIL has wanted this wooden toy solider since X was born.
Conveniently, it was left in a storage unit where he works and the owners knew he loved it.
So they gave it to him!
He was so excited to give it to X!
We don't have any room for it until our house is done, so it will be living with my in-laws for a little while ;)
For size reference, Mic is almost 6'6"!


 While we waited to eat dinner I looked over and saw this teenager playing a game!
Where is my just turned 7 year old?!?!

I mentioned this before, but these dishes right here are one of my favorite things about Christmas dinner at my in-laws house!

And just like that it was all over :(
We are enjoying the rest of our days together before we celebrate 2019 and head back to work and school!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
Check back on Monday for my 2018 recap!
And don't forget to link your posts on Monday with The Blended Blog!


And here are some things coming up in January on The Blended Blog!
We would love for you to join us!


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

XOXO ~ Vanessa

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts