Slider

Beer cheese, Booties & Baseball!

Friday, June 30, 2017

Linking up with Andrea, Narci & Erika for...
Happy Friday!
I don't know about you, but I am way too excited for the extra long weekend upon us!!!
Fingers crossed it doesn't rain all weekend long so we can enjoy some food on the grill, fireworks and who knows what else! :)

This past weekend Mic and I were not only able to have one impromptu date night, but two!
Friday evening X didn't want to go out to eat, so we dropped him off at my in-laws and we headed out by ourselves.
Alone time with Mic is definitely a favorite of mine :)
We grabbed some yummy pretzel sticks and beer cheese, adult beverages and burgers.
Super low key, but much needed!

The rain from Thursday cancelled all baseball games for Saturday which meant our morning was free.
#givemeallthepraisehandsemojis

On top of that, we found out that the birthday party X was attending wasn't until Sunday.
Free day here we come!
X wanted to hang out at my in-laws again and ride his bike and such, so Mic and I headed out to run some errands and do a little market research for the remodel.
We found a little diner/cafe near the shop we were going to and decided to stop for lunch.

Lake Erie perch and fresh cut fries!
My favorite!!!

Now that we have what we want to remodel in our home, we can now begin my favorite part - picking out the materials!!!

I posted a peek into my home on Tuesday, along with some of our ideas for the remodel.
I will definitely post more pictures as we get closer to the start date :)


One of my favorite posts of the month is my What's Up post where I link up with Mel, Shay & Sheaffer!

I love looking back at what we did during the month, what we have coming up, etc.


In other news, I finally got around to taking some pictures of the shoes I recently ordered.
I am in serious need of new shoes for work and fun, but I can't stand to spend the money.
I try really hard to pick up things that crossover if possible.

Since one of my favorite stores offers free shipping and returns, it really makes finding the right pair of shoes easy!
I love the zipper detail on these Lucky Bartalino booties, so I ordered them in two different colors.
These are the pewter suede, and the bottom are the black (no longer available).
While I would love the heel to be a bit higher on them, they are pretty cute.
I think I might keep the black ones since they have the extra detailing on the back and send the pewter ones back.
What do you think?
Do you have these booties?

I also ordered these Tuscany by East Street sandals.
That cognac color is perfect and the soles were super comfy, but they just didn't fit right for me.
So unfortunately, they will be going back as well.

I also scored these Toms booties from Zulily a few weeks ago and they just arrived this week.
LOVE them!
So cute and comfy!
These might just be my new favorite shoe!

X had his last t-ball game of the season on Tuesday night.
While it can be stressful trying to control teach 8 little 4-6 year old boys and girls how to play baseball/softball, it is so much fun at the same time!
I absolutely loved that my dad was my coach for all of my softball years, and it truly makes my day to get to coach X for as long as I am able :)
Slightly biased mom moment here - He was totally my favorite player on the team ;)



And that is it for the week!
I am looking forward to celebrating my niece turning one this weekend,
hopefully enjoying some food on the grill with family or friends,
and FINGERS CROSSED getting to see some 4th of July fireworks!
My favorite July 4th activity!

What are your plans for the weekend?
Do you go see fireworks for the 4th?

Whatever your plans are, I hope you have a fantastic weekend and holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts