Slider

My Personal Style - The Journey To Find Me

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Let me start off by saying I am not an expert in the personal style world. I am just trying to find my personal style again now that I am a mom. Throughout most of my life I would refer to my style as sporty/classic. Now, I would refer to it as boring, too old for my age, no WOW factor. This was brought on because of a job I had that didn't really allow you to be yourself. So many restrictions on what you could and couldn't wear. For 5 years I bought clothes that didn't express my personality at all! Plain shirts and pants, boring shoes, etc. Thankfully I no longer work at that job, but the love/hate relationship I developed for clothing has stayed with me since then (almost 10 years). It is time for a change!

I have been doing a lot of reading (books & blogs) on how to find your personal style, what is your personal style statement, etc. I think I have narrowed down what I want and what I think is realistic for my style statement...

Fun & Cute with Polish


Let's dig a little deeper and find out what that really means...

Fun - comfortable clothing that moves with whatever life has to offer (work, play dates, road trips, etc.)

Cute - colors, prints, etc. that speak to me, look good, and show off my personality (who am I kidding, I want clothing that makes me feel HOT! :)

Polish - outfits that look and feel pulled together without too much effort (crucial since I am a new mom)


My style statement will probably always be a work in progress in one way or another, so let's move on.

 

In my journey to find my personal style I have created a "My Style" board on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/leota6/my-style/) with items that I feel fit this statement.  I recently have been trying to go through my closet and see what items I already own, what I may want to purchase, etc. It is not even funny how many things I have in my closet that I never wear because I have been waiting for the right time, right shoes, right pants. I have way too many items that can only be worn one way as well! UGH!

After reading "Building a Remixable Wardrobe" on the Putting Me Together blog (http://www.puttingmetogether.com/p/building-remixable-wardrobe-series.html), I now ask myself the following questions before I buy any new tops:

Can I tuck it in, tie it, belt it and does it look good by itself?

Can I wear this casually, for work, and dressed up?

I have only purchased a couple of tops since reading the above blog post, and YEH! for me, they definitely fit the "rules" of a remixable wardrobe! Now I just need to move onto pants, skirts, dresses, etc.! AHHH! 

Once I gather enough "remixable" pieces I will post of few photos. Until next time.....

XoXo ~ V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts