Slider

What's Up January 2021

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

We made it 1 month into the new year 🙌
Linking up with Shay & Sheaffer today for What's Up Wednesday - January Edition!


What we're eating this week...
Monday - Burgers & Veggies
Tuesday - Pork Chops & Corn
Wednesday - Tacos & Chipotle Rice
Thursday - Chicken & Potatoes
Friday - Pizza
Weekend - Who Knows!


What I'm reminiscing about...
Being a kid.


When life wasn't so stressful.


When we didn't have to deal with the internet and social media.


What I'm loving...
Watching X show off all the hard work he has put in at his after school soccer sessions.
His coach was super impressed with him :)
And he played in his first indoor game of the season this past weekend and did great!





What we've been up to...
Work, school, soccer practices and (now) games,
and watching football.





What I'm dreading...
Taking down our Christmas trees.




Yes, they are still up and it is the longest we have ever left them up.
I blame 2020 and moving into the house so late into the holiday season.
Honestly, we need something to put in the place of the trees but I don't know what.
I would actually love other trees there, but I'm at a loss for what type, etc.
Nothing that needs a lot of dusting ;)
Any suggestions?


What I'm working on...
Trying to pick out mirrors and sconces for the house and it is so hard!
Every time I think we have it narrowed down something changes and we don't order anything :(
These are a few we are currently leaning towards for some of the spaces, but aren't sold on them enough to pull the trigger and get them ordered.





What I'm excited about...
To be honest, nothing.
Maybe it is just the mood I am in these days, but nothing makes me excited right now.


What I'm watching/reading...
Red Oaks and Blue Bloods are the only shows I have watched lately.



But most of the shows I watch have started back up, but I just haven't had the time to watch them.
My DVR currently has episodes of The Blacklist, Big Sky and This Is Us waiting to be watched.


What I'm listening to...
Podcasts these days.
I mentioned it in a recent post, but I am listening to The Bible Recap and Jennie Allen's podcast, Made for This.
So good!




What I'm wearing...
Lots of sweaters or layers!
It is fairy cold here in Ohio.
AND...any time I can get away with wearing jeans I'm a happy camper :)
I literally live in them 95% of the time!







What I'm doing this weekend...
Running X around to his soccer practice, lesson and game.
Other than that...nothing is planned.


What I'm looking forward to next month...
Again, it must be my current mood...but there isn't anything I have planned for next month.


What else is new...
X had to do a project for school that was his life on a timeline.
I loved getting to work on this with him :)
He was so proud of it and felt really good when he got a wonderful grade on it!


And this week is Kindness Week at school.
His teacher assigned him and another student the job of putting a message into the fence.
He was SO PROUD of their work!



And that is it for the month of January!
Head over to my Instagram page to check out #TheRealBuild stories I have saved in highlights, and to enter my new monthly giftaway!


XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts