Slider

Let's Look | Entertaining Ideas

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Why hello there!
Yes, it is Wednesday and I am finally getting a post up on here.
That's just life these days :/

Anyway...I'm linking up with Erika & Shay today for their monthly Let's Look series!


Today is all about Entertaining!!!
Oh how I can't wait to be able to have get togethers again!

Instead of showing you how I entertain (because I haven't been able to do so in a hot minute),
I have a few tips for you that will help you out next time you are hosting a big group of people.


1. Plan ahead!
Honestly, I start brainstorming most parties or gatherings I host a good 6 months or more in advance.
From the guest list to the food...I write it all down.
Staying organized and on top of things will make your party run smoothly.


2. Pick a theme and run with it!
I love a good theme!
It can be as simple as whatever the nearest holiday is, or whatever your imagination comes up with.
A theme is a great way to help you narrow down the decor for the party, the food, etc.
You can even pick a few specialty drinks too so you don't have to furnish a full bar.


3. Don't think you have to do it all!
Enlist the help of family or friends to pitch in.
You can have each family bring a dish, or supply the drinks, etc.
Don't try to be Superwomen!
It just brings on a lot of unneeded stress to you and you will project that stress onto those around you.


4. Don't be afraid to keep things simple.
You don't have to make everything super fancy.
Don't have serving dishes that all match or even have serving dishes?
Don't let that stop you from hosting a great party!
You can use whatever you have in your cabinets, or dare I say leave those chips in the bag ;)
If your friends care that much about the presentation of the chips and dip you might need new friends.
#justsaying


5. Enjoy yourself!
The dishes don't need washed the moment they are empty and put into the sink.
Live in the moment with your family or friends.
Make memories!


What are your tips for a successful party?
Let me know in the comments below :)


XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts