Slider

Guitars, Soccer Balls and Country Music

Friday, April 20, 2018

Read that title like the you are singing...
Guitars, Cadillacs, Hillbilly Music :)

Linking up with Erika, Narci & Andrea for...

Yeh for Friday!
I am ready for this weekend!
In fact my weekend technically started last night since I am off today!
Wahoo!
Mic and I are tackling a lot of house things this weekend,
I am joining X for a field trip to the nature center this afternoon,
and then we are hoping to breakaway for a bit Saturday evening for some adult time :)

But before all that, let's get into some of my favorite (and a not so favorite) moments of the week!


It has been raining/snowing for the last week.
We had a super heavy rain on Sunday, but didn't think anything of it.
Mic and I were sitting in bed when we heard a thud.
Went downstairs and found that part of our ceiling had fallen down :(
I took this after we cleaned up most of the mess.
Just another reason why we desperately need to remodel/update our home.


X started Spring Soccer on Thursday night, but I didn't have my new phone to take any pictures.
He played so good and scored 3 goals!
And then he had another game on Saturday morning...that I forgot to take any pictures at as well :(
#badblogger
But he scored 2 more goals that day!


I did snap this pic of X with my dad and step mom after his game Saturday. 
They just gave him his bag full of Cleveland Indians gear and told him he is part of the kids club!
He was pumped!
He loved it so much he wore that shirt to his celebrate his friend's birthday.

And he wore it and brought the bag full of goodies (minus the big head sign) for show and tell at school Thursday :)

My dad also brought me this sweatshirt I was eyeing on the GV Art & Design site :)
#loveit
Go Indians!!!


I did finally remember to take some pictures on Monday night at X's game while we froze!!
Snow was literally falling as these 5 and 6 year old boys put on a show for us.
X was on fire despite the cold weather and scored another 3 goals!




I am not one to talk politics or anything like that, but when I saw this quote from Barbara Bush the other day after she passed away I couldn't help but share it.

This kid received a real guitar for Christmas a couple years ago, and is starting to take some interest in it.
He honestly has no idea what he is doing, but he sure looks cool! lol!



Instagram gave me a few more favorites this week :)

This is totally me :(


On the blog this week I shared my new love for Aldi's in my #AldiHaul post.

And I updated you all on my Skincare routine, and some new products I have tried out recently.


It took me 3 nights, but I finally finished watching the ACM Awards!
All the performances were so good, but a few of them really stood out to me :)
Carrie Underwood killed it with Cry Pretty,

and Kane Brown & Lauren Alaina were on fire!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any good videos of the performances to share on here :(


And on that note I am calling it a week!
Hope you all had a good one and enjoy the weekend!
Thanks for stopping by :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts