Slider

The Friday Faves #42

Friday, October 18, 2019

Grab some coffee...it's a big one!

Linking up with Andrea, Narci & Erika for...



X was the Star Student of the week last week, and he was super excited on Friday morning to get to school.
Each week the star student gets to read a book of their choice to the class, share about themselves with a poster, be line leader, etc.
His teacher sent me these sweet pictures of my guy doing his thing 😍😍




And then all the second graders celebrated #NationalAppleCrunchDay 🍎🍏


Can you spot X? 

We kept things super low key on Friday evening because we had a weekend full of soccer games!
The boys played SO WELL!!!
They played two games on Saturday and one on Sunday morning, and won them all!
That meant they were heading into the championship game!


They played a team we faced earlier in the season and tied at 0-0.
Both teams were undefeated heading into this game.
Our boys played so well!
We ended the game once again tied at 0-0.
They played a 5 minute overtime and held the other team off until the final 30 seconds when a foul was called against one of our boys.
It was so sad to see our little guys lose 1-0, but we were all beyond proud of how well they all played together!

And the best part of it all for the boys...they did get runner's up medals :)
I can't wait to see what these boys do together in the spring!


And as a reminder...this league is U10.
X is still only 7 years old!


We spent the last few hours of our weekend getting ready for the new week and chillin' at home.

On Monday we joined X for lunch at school, followed by the book fair!




I had a nice dinner with friends on Monday night and took 0 pictures 🙎
But a good time was had by all :)

X had school pictures on Wednesday and I wanted to document what he looked like before we left just in case things were messed up by the time they took his picture. 😂
He decided to stand and look just like this...


Changing gears for a moment....

On the blog this week I recapped our Oktoberfest fun with friends!


On Tuesday Talk I asked for your thoughts on youth sports.


And I shared a mini update on the progress of Our Home Renovation on Thursday.



Wednesday evening Mic and I headed north to see Carrie Underwood with my dad and step mom.
Our seats were SO GOOD!!!


My phone is super old and my pictures look like we are so far away.
We were about 50 feet at most from the stage.

Runaway June was up first.
Unfortunately, I don't know any of their music so I couldn't really understand what they were singing :(



Next up was Maddie and Tae.
Despite only knowing a few of their songs, I thought they sounded really good!



And then it was time for Carrie!























It was an amazing show!

And speaking of my phone, this is basically how I operate...


And that my friends is my week!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


XOXO ~ Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts