Slider

What's Up Wednesday | February

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Linking up with Mel, Shay & Sheaffer for...

What we're eating this week...
Kaluska (cabbage & noodles)
Pork chops & veggies
Tacos
Rotisserie Chicken & potatoes


What I'm reminiscing about...
Football season!
We watched the Superbowl at the beginning of February and I am truly missing football!
Thursdays through Mondays just aren't the same without it :(


What I'm loving...
These chips!
 They are so, so good!!!!
Run, don't walk to your nearest grocery store to pick up a bag today!
They come in three different flavors, but my favorite is the garlic & herb ones :)


What we've been up to...
I had a Mommy & X Date Night where we went to Skyline Chili for dinner, and then spent some time in our favorite store - Target!

I went to a traveling vineyard party at a friend's house and had so much fun!
And actually learned a little bit about wine too!

I helped X make his valentines for school,


Mic and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner and showv,


 I enjoyed Valentine's Day treats with my guys :)

And last but certainly not least, X is officially signed up for Kindergarten in the Fall!
We all so excited for him to start school!
He absolutely loves school, his teachers, and friends and I am looking forward to watching him grow, learn, and make even more new friends :)


What I'm dreading...
This never ending cold X and I seem to keep fighting :(
Honestly, we just got over the last one about a week or so ago.


What I'm working on...
This may sound funny, but I am working on utilizing Netflix more.
I started my membership back in November when Gilmore Girls was released, and then I have let it sit until just a couple of weeks ago.
So I finally watched the first episode of Fuller House.
I wasn't that into Full House when the original was on, but I do like Candace Cameron Bure so I thought I would give it a try.
I am going to watch a couple more before deciding if I will watch the whole thing.

Another one I tried was Santa Clarita Diet.
Have any of you watched this?
Oh my goodness is all I have to say!
Definitely Not For Me!


What I'm excited about...
Yes, Disney is still on my brain!
Being this is my first time, I just can't help it!
This month has been pretty low key since all of our food reservations are done.
We are focusing now on ordering our Magic Bands and getting ready to pick our Fast Pass picks :)
Any suggestions for this newbie?



What I'm watching/reading...
I am completely caught up on This Is Us and I can't get enough of it!
So good!

Mic and I have also been keeping up on Taboo as well.

And this past weekend I decided to start binge watching a show on Netflix.
Now let me start off by informing you that I don't binge shows. Ever.
Just not my thing.
Something else that is not my thing, is rewatching a show that I have seen before.
Don't get me wrong, if an old episode of Beverly Hills 90210,
Gilmore Girls, Dawson's Creek or One Tree Hill
are on the TV I might turn it on for back ground noise but very seldom do I actually sit down and watch it.
So what did I start binge watching on Netflix this weekend?
Gossip Girl
I watched the entire series when it originally aired. Every episode.
Never have I had the want/need to rewatch a show from the beginning.
But that is where this lovely blog community comes into play.
I saw a few of you were watching it for the first time (crazy), and I couldn't help myself.
So when I was laying around sick I started watching Gossip Girl from the very beginning. Again.
Want to know something?
I love it just as much as I did years ago!
TV shows over movies have always been something that calms me.
And when I find shows that calm me I fall in love with them.
While I can't say that I am going to binge watch all my favorites...I may now have something I enjoy doing when I can't find anything else to watch or I am sick in bed :)

We are also still watching a ton of YouTube videos to prepare us for our trip to Disney World!
You can never be over prepared ;)


What I'm listening to...
Still obsessed with Ed Sheeran's Shape of You and Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood's Fighter.




What I'm wearing...
My new Sketchers!
I tend to wait to use or wear new things until the event or the season.
I was planning on saving these bad boys until we hopped on that plane for Florida, but I couldn't help myself this past weekend.
The weather was great so I figured they wouldn't get too dirty :)
They were a dream to walk around the grocery store in!

I also got these new running shoes the other day, but I am unsure if I am going to keep them or not :/


What I'm doing this weekend...
Celebrating my mom's 60th birthday!
And maybe, just maybe hitting up the Cleveland Auto Show while we are in town ;)


What I'm looking forward to next month...
St. Patrick's Day!
It is truly one of my favorite holidays of the year!
I typically make everything green for the day  - food, nails, clothes, etc.
I just love celebrating the Irish in me (Thanks Grandma!) :)


What else is new...
I just picked up two new nail polishes this past weekend and they are the perfect Spring to Summer colors in my opinion :)
And no, I am not typically a pink girl for anything other than nail polish.
This one is called Tough Chick and I picked up Tough Luck as well :)
I will say the for the price (under $2 at Kroger) these polishes are pretty good quality :)


Bonus Question: What's your "can't live without" beauty product?
This one is tough!
Between chapstick, face wash, hand & body lotion, etc. I don't know how to choose!
So I guess I will go with a product that handles all of those things and more...Coconut Oil!

I cannot live without having some chapstick on my lips,
or moisturized hands and skin,
or a hydrated face,
or white teeth.
While I don't use coconut oil for all those things all the time, I would and I have!

What is your "can't live without" beauty product?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts