Slider

What's Up Wednesday | February

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Linking up today with Mel, Shay, and Sheaffer!


What we're eating this week...
We are keeping things simple this week (spaghetti, shrimp stir-fry, breakfast for dinner) since we ate so many goodies over the weekend.

I am also meal prepping this week to do another round of the 21 Day Fix starting on Monday :)


What I'm reminiscing about...
Don't laugh...making dinner on the grill.
These sunny days have me longing for kabobs and such on the grill, but it still is a bit too cold.
Soon though, because....


What I'm loving...
The weather in Ohio has been amazing!
It is not very often, in fact pretty much never, do we have such a mild winter!
70* in February? Crazy!
And now that we are getting sunshine days and warmer temps I am so ready for Spring to get here :)
Granted, the past few days have been back in the 40's...we are getting there!


What we've been up to...
Brainstorming vacation destinations!
We are tossing around names like Lake Michigan, Smoky Mountains, Destin, Seattle, etc.

Thoughts?
If you have stayed in any of these places I would love to hear your suggestions on dining, hotels, etc.


What I'm dreading...
Honestly, nothing :)
#lifeisgood


What I'm working on...
This post! Ha!


What I'm excited about...
Helping my mom plan the baby shower for my brother & SIL :)
Now that we have the venue, we are working on invitations and such.
And since the theme is a Tea Party, how cute would these be for favors?!


What I'm watching/reading...
Mic and I finished season 3 of Banshee On Demand just in time for season 4 of Vikings to begin.
I am still keeping up with Pretty Little Liars, Supergirl, The Blacklist, and X-Files.
And I DVR Fixer Upper as well.
Does anyone else watch the beginning to see the 3 houses they look at and then fast forward to the end to see the results?
Just me? lol!


What I'm listening to...
Don't laugh, but I am still 100% a CD girl.
For my birthday/Christmas I received 5 new ones!
So I have been popping them in my laptop while I am working :)



What I'm wearing...
I am daydreaming of Spring, so I am wearing lots of purple and pink and green nail polishes :)
I am also rockin' my Converse, TOMS wedge booties, and even some open toe booties!
Come on Spring!


What I'm doing this weekend...
Visiting my mom for her birthday!
We are going to check out the venue that we booked for my SIL's baby shower :)


What I'm looking forward to...
Lots of events coming up in March!
Mic and I are heading out of town for a 2 day training for work (I am totally treating it like a mini-vaca),
we are going to Night at the Races with my dad for a school fundraiser back home,
I have the AC DC concert with my dad and little brother,
and X has Spring Break!
Oh, and add celebrating St. Patrick's Day and Easter in there too!


What else is new...
I think we have enough new for now.
Hopefully we will keep things the way they are for a bit ;)


Bonus Question: What is your favorite Easter tradition?
Getting my picture and now X's picture by the Easter basket in Lorain.
As a kid we would get dressed in our Sunday Best and and stand in front of the basket with grandparents, parents, etc.
I love that we have been able to carry on this tradition with X!
We don't always get dressed up, and it doesn't always fall on Easter Sunday (pick your battles) but we do it :)
And it makes my heart happy!
~2012~
~2013~
 ~2014~
 ~2015~
We had a wedding to go to that weekend, but thankfully my dad subbed for me and still got X's picture by the basket :)


5 comments:

  1. ugh fixer upper is my weakness and i love seeing the before and after..and sometimes go to the end too ;) shhh! were voting on our new book club book on my blog and i'd love for you to come vote and read with us next month! so glad i found you through the linkup! hope you'll stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I'm dreaming of spring here too... honestly, we are currently getting a monster snowstorm UGH!!!!!
    oh your food pics kill me EVERY time lol

    Simply Shaunacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously finally had to give up my CD addiction when my new laptop no longer had a disc drive! Love that Carrie Underwood album. Such sweet pictures with X!

    Shelly
    http://queeninbetween.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Fixer Upper!!!
    Those favors are SO cute for a tea party shower!! Darling idea!
    Thanks for linking up with us for What's Up Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally a CD person still too- no shame! :) I JUST started watching Fixer Upper on Netflix since I now have time to kill on the treadmill a lot haha- such a cute show!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

© 2018 Vanessa Roberts